gurlpurl

a gurls' adventures in knitting, sewing, music, literature, mothering, and recording. coming to you live from the lovely pacific northwest.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006


So...tomorrow I shall hop on the Coast Starlight AMTRAK and rail my way down to San Francisco. A 17.5 hour trip! Childless, so there should be lots and lots of knitting and reading involved. After arriving at 10am Friday morning, I will then visit family, sleep, and drive back to Portland come Saturday morning. My mom and dad will be at our house to welcome me back home...they will be here all next week! YIPPEE! (Sebastian cannot stop talking about them coming...)
Sebastian turns 3 on the 20th! I can hardly believe it!
3!
And I've decided that I want 3 more?!?! Go figure.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger jana said…

    My advice (having ridden the Coast Starlight from the other direction recently):
    1) Plan on the trip taking longer than they say it will
    2) Bring water--the traincars all ran out of water in the dispensers by the end of the trip
    3) Get out at the stops and walk around a bit. Those kids in the car near you who seemed so cute at the beginning of the trip are much less cute after their parents have let them play tag up and down the train for a few hours.
    4) Have fun! Trains are by far the coolest way to travel!! :)

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    3more??? Can't wait...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home